Monday, September 27, 2010

My photography equipment

I use Canon brand equipment.  This is not to say other photography gear is not suitable to the task.  It's just a preference.  Believe it or not, I think, most of the final out come is generated by the person pushing the camera buttons.  Modern Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras (DSLR's) offer a tremendous array of tools for the photographer.  What I try to reproduce, is what I saw and felt during the moments of pushing the shutter button.  Nature has a wide gamut of shades, colors and textures that are sometimes very difficult to capture.  When emotions are added to the mix things can get to be very exciting.  I think of a still photo as a slice of time and the beauty or drama of that moment.  I love the way animals interact with their environment and sometimes, when given time, they will provide unbelievable insight into their world.

I use two camera body models: Canon EOS 7D and Canon EOS 50D.  They produce very similar photos.

A couple of workhouse lens for wildlife/nature images, plus others:

A Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM and EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM.  Either will get the job done but the 500mm is my first choice if it can be used. 

All wildlife images on my web site are of wild and free creatures.  It is my hope and desire that you enjoy them.

Best to you and yours!

Les

No comments:

Post a Comment